
Not the best picture because I took it with my phone but you get the idea! We had to go to the ER tonight because earlier this evening Trevor and David were wrestling (a normal occurrence with my boys) but then David said "Oh No". I was in the next room so I came in to see what had happened and Trevor was upset but not crying but flinging around so I went to pick him up and I almost couldn't even do that because of his flinging. I got him to the couch and when I put him down, because I could hardly hold him, he collapsed. So then I of course grabbed him to hold him and then I saw the scariest thing that I have EVER seen as a mother. Trevor's eyes started to glaze over and role to the back of his head, he wasn't breathing, his lips were turning blue and he was stiff with his one arm reached out stiff and his hand in a tight fist. I told David to go get Todd but then I started screaming to him. By the time Todd had gotten down stairs Trevor started crying and holding his head. I guess he fell back into the lower part of the couch that is made of wood and hit his head pretty hard. Poor David thought that we were mad at him when we asked him what happened. He kept saying it was an accident, we were just playing, I didn't mean to. So we decided that we'd rather be safe then sorry so we took him to the ER. He was so cute there. The doctor looked him over, talked to us and then determined that he had suffered a convulsive concussion and that it is very common amongst rugby players. So that's that I guess. Now I just check on him sleeping about every 10 minutes because I'm a mom and that's what I do. Todd says that I do enough worrying for the both of us plus more. All I know is I hope that I never have to see any of my children like that again. When I was holding him and he looked as bad as he did I was so afraid that I was loosing him. My little Trevor is such a special guy, I can't and don't want to imagine my life without him.What a night!!! One positive thing about tonight though, we were in and out of the ER in about 30 minutes. Fastest ER visit ever. Way to be Orem Community Hospital!
4 comments:
I am so grateful that Trevor is okay! Yucky scary stuff! I worry about my boys when they wrestle - even though I know that it is so much of being a boy. What do you do?!
The thing is I know I'm a true mom because I must say "knock it off or someone's going to get hurt" at least once a day, and someone always does!
So scary!! I had no idea! (It's a good thing I check blogs!!) I hope he is doing well still. With lots of energy and stuff. Poor lil man.
Oh my goodness! That's so freaky! I'd be a nervous wreck! I'd be checking on him every 10 minutes too!
Post a Comment